Polskie Forum VTES

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj.

Zaloguj się podając nazwę użytkownika, hasło i długość sesji
Szukanie zaawansowane  

Aktualności:

Autor Wątek: What are you listening to?  (Przeczytany 12870 razy)

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
What are you listening to?
« dnia: Września 16, 2009, 11:43:56 am »

Why not a thread to share the albums you are currently listening to? First of all it shows what are your musical taste, but most of all it's a great way to discover new bands!

For example, right now, I'm listening to :

THE COUNT NOSFERATU KOMMANDO - Ultraviolence Über Alles (2002)

-
Extract : => The CNK [Ultraviolence Über Alles] - Love Game Over <=

Debut album of The Count Nosferatu Kommand (also know as The CNK, also know as The Cosa Nostra Klub). Published on Season Of Mist, it's the parallel project of Rose Heimarr, the singer of Anorexia Nervosa. On this project, he abandon the brutal symphonic black metal for someting more slow, electronic and less organic. The music is a crossover between industrial techno, black and death metal. It's not the most "easy listening music" ever, but I found they are really good at it (I'm usually not a big fan of any industrial music). This debut album, as original CD, is nowaday unfoundable (but a reissue is planned for november). They released a second album couples years after who's another masterpiece (but less industrial / more symphonic). After a hard night such as yesterday's one, it helps to wake up :) .

« Ostatnia zmiana: Października 02, 2009, 06:30:28 pm wysłana przez Naity Dhim Darëll »

Boogie

• I am disco dancer!
Odp: What are you listening to?
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 12:58:06 pm »

So I'll join the thread :)

As I'm sitting in work I tend to listen to different stuff all the time - just to avoid listening to the same thing over and over again - so any genre, any artist, anything just to kill the silence (or office noise sometimes). At this particular moment Diablo Swing Orchestra can be heard in my headphones. A little less hard than CNK but it makes nice ambient sound for programming :)
Zawsze, gdy widzisz smutne dziecko - przytul programiste...

baal

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 02:56:55 pm »

On myu playlist is mostly Lady Gaga and Christing Aguilera but got some more spicy stuff like Girls Aloud and violent Black Gangsta Hip Hop - Gansta Rap Made Me Do It :D

Boogie

• I am disco dancer!
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 03:12:31 pm »

It's not true - baal has only Waszka G and Disco Polo Boys on his playlist!

Ja to pie**** i zdejmuje kominiare
Zawsze, gdy widzisz smutne dziecko - przytul programiste...

Dude

• Global Moderator
  • (Former) Archbishop of Warsaw
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 07:24:28 pm »

from the new stuff I'd recommend the new Riverside album (Anno Domini High Definition), its pretty good imo. sounds a bit similar to Lateralus from Tool, with a different taste. Also Lunatic Soul (Riverside's vocalist solo project) is pretty allright.
in general I listen to a lot of reggae, some jazz (john zorn for example), I also collect all Mike Patton's projects, and then goes something called "progressive metal / rock" or whatever, point is I don't really categorize music, all these terms are pretty *cenzura*ed up anyway and don't reflect reality in most cases.
"It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Retired

silverrobert

« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 07:54:56 pm »

Recently I mostly listen to chiptunes/bitpop like Slagsmålsklubben or Din Stalker. Except from that there's always plenty of Mindless Self Indulgence, DJ Slade (too bad he never released an LP, his musical prowess is magnificent), Akira Yamaoka and old hip-hop/electro on my playlist.
Oh, and btw, IAM rules :)

Bitches love lazors.

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 09:42:04 pm »

Cytat: Boogie
At this particular moment Diablo Swing Orchestra can be heard in my headphones.
This band rocks! I'm particulary fan of almost everything released on Ascendance Records. This label just kick ass!

Cytat: Dude
I also collect all Mike Patton's projects, and then goes something called "progressive metal / rock" or whatever, point is I don't really categorize music, all these terms are pretty *cenzura*ed up anyway and don't reflect reality in most cases.
It's especially hard to classify when it's about Mike Patton. I thing his music can be classified under the appelation "Mike Patton's Madness Rock" or sth alike  :D

Now Listening :

ORPHANED LAND - Mabool (2004)

-
Extract : => Orphaned Land [Mabool] - Norra El Norra <=

A masterpiece of Israelian progressive metal. It's sing sometimes in hebrew, sometimes in english, sometimes in arabic. The music includes a lot of traditionnals instruments and melodies. This CD is just a *cenzura*in masterpiece for everyone who like melodic and really rich metal (and for people liking music in general : some friends who hate metal loved it!).
« Ostatnia zmiana: Września 17, 2009, 06:57:02 am wysłana przez Naity Dhim Darëll »

Santh

« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 10:38:48 pm »

i listen to all kind of music, often it's folk f.e. Hevia-Busindre Reel, or smth faster Plebania-Traktaty.

Pudel

• Retired pro
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Września 16, 2009, 11:17:30 pm »

I listen to various kinds of music. Pretty much any genre offers something interesting.

Now playing: Altar of Plagues - White Tomb
Classified by wikipedia as post-rock/ambient black metal. Check it out, decent stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altar_of_Plagues
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EFDD57F6B64FFC60
Cytat: zasłyszane
oczywiście nie ma nic złego w graniu dla przyjemności, sam zagrałem dwie takie gry w 2007

Sprzedaję single - wyślij swój want przez PM/maila/fb.
Selling VTES singles - pm/mail/fb me your wantlist. Paypal accepted.

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Września 17, 2009, 01:17:57 am »

Classified by wikipedia as post-rock/ambient black metal. Check it out, decent stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EFDD57F6B64FFC60
Wow, I listened to Earth : As a womb and it's just amazingly beautyful  :D . My girlfriend is sleeping so I've to listen to it only with my bad quality hear player. Can't wait till tomorrow to listen to it in a descent quality!

i listen to all kind of music, often it's folk f.e. Hevia-Busindre Reel

Wow, you made me want to look deep in my CD shelf :

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Excalibur (1998)

-
Extract : => Alain Simon [Excalibur] - Celtic Dream <=

A cool CD about the legend of king arthur and excalibur in which a lot of artists are coming to participate. Not the CD of the year but even thought some peoples participations are not unforgettable, there is some really cool materials. I really love the song I paste as extract from example. Enjoy.
« Ostatnia zmiana: Września 17, 2009, 06:57:20 am wysłana przez Naity Dhim Darëll »

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: Września 17, 2009, 07:08:29 am »

KERRY JAMES - A L'Ombre Du Show Business (2008)

-
Extract : => Kerry James [A L'ombre du Show Business] - Le Combat Continue part III <=

Some really cool rap du get up. It's not hardcore and violent, but neither slow and boring. It's a perfect middle as for a morning. The instrumental is OK, but I really love his flow and the way he build his lyrics (as for lyrics writting, it's really technical with a lot of interresting rhymes and cool metaphorical pictures). The lyrics themself are also cool (kind of positive : pushing people to more education and respect, calling to peace and explaining some socio-political problems in france). I think I'll translate them more or less soon ;) . And I foudn the esthetic of the clip really interresting (just sad that part of this song get cut off so that it's shorter). And the artwork of the CD look just great with some beautyfuls black and white pictures. Good morning everyone.

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: Września 21, 2009, 04:40:03 pm »

This thread is not really active... But feel like feeding it anyway. Does it disturb anyone?

So, now I'm listening to :

PHAZM - Cornestone of the Macabre (2008)

-
Extract : => Phazm [Antebellum Death'n'Roll] - How to become a God <=

First of all, sorry for the link, it's not from the right album, but I didn't find anything from this album on the web. It's a french band playing kind of southern death metal, relly groovy and rock'n'roll. Really cool stuff close in the ambiance to the one of movies like "house of 1000 corpses" or "devil's reject" (althought music is not really alike to rob zombie's one). Enjoy :D

Dude

• Global Moderator
  • (Former) Archbishop of Warsaw
« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: Września 22, 2009, 01:13:45 pm »

@ disturbing - as long as you're not going to flame people or post stupid stuff (like retarded etc) nobody honestly gives a *cenzura*, so no worries :)
I haven't checked the tunes out yet, but I will. thanks for posting them
"It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Retired

Pudel

• Retired pro
« Odpowiedź #13 dnia: Września 23, 2009, 02:58:50 am »

Well, maybe I'll follow with some more stuff I listen to.

Now playing:
Te Tris - Czekalem Dlugo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4WftQCPan4&feature=related
One of my favorite's Polish rappers. I love the flow of this guy. Lyrics are acceptable and not irritating (like they're not some ridiculous piece of crap about gangsters, parties and expensive fur coats, but they're not to much of a poem you say 'wow' once you hear it either). The beat is uneven at times, some songs have really good beats, some are rather forgettable and uninteresting. Still, the whole thing is definitely worth checking out.
Extract above is a part of his mixtape - full version is available to download legally and freely (link in the description of the video).
Te Tris released his first LP ('Dwuznacznie') quite recently (9.9.09) - you can check it out on youtube too - some extracts:
Te Tris - Intr (obudz sie) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXaHr7GO8lU
Te Tris - TeTRock - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHFAMr1oHE&feature=related
oczywiście nie ma nic złego w graniu dla przyjemności, sam zagrałem dwie takie gry w 2007

Pudel

• Retired pro
« Odpowiedź #14 dnia: Września 24, 2009, 08:42:56 pm »

Now playing: Imogen Heap - Canvas - Youtube link
Imogen Heap is one of my favourite's female singers. Great lyrics, great voice, beautiful English accent, magnificent instrumentals. The song above is my favourite from her new record 'Ellipse' (released 24.08.2009 in the UK, 28.09.2009 in Poland). If you like the song, check her previous albums 'I Megaphone' and 'Speak for Yourself'. They're a must-know for people who like electronica with influences of both indie pop and rock.