Polskie Forum VTES

Zaloguj się lub zarejestruj.

Zaloguj się podając nazwę użytkownika, hasło i długość sesji
Szukanie zaawansowane  

Aktualności:

Autor Wątek: What are you listening to?  (Przeczytany 12875 razy)

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
Odp: What are you listening to?
« Odpowiedź #15 dnia: Października 02, 2009, 06:44:21 pm »

I really like the instrumental of Czekałem Długo from Te Tris. SOunds just great althought I have no idea what he is rapping about.

Imogen Heap is a bit less my dope... The voice is grat, but I found the music miss melody in background.

Unfortunatly, I let all my CDs in Germany, but for chance I code most of them in MP3 befoe to come :D .

So, now I'm listening to :

KYLESA - Static Tension (2009)

-
Extract : => Kylesa [Static Tension] - Unknow Awareness <=

One of my favorite slude band. They are from the south of USA and play really interresting music. Based on a sludge base, they go kind of deep in the psychedelic music, thank to the 2 drummer who create a tribal rythm ground. The lead guitarist (also singer... and girl) is pretty amazing live. Ok, because you're nice guys, 2 pics I took from her the last time I've seen them in concerts ^^. She has class  8)

« Ostatnia zmiana: Października 02, 2009, 06:45:55 pm wysłana przez Naity Dhim Darëll »

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #16 dnia: Października 07, 2009, 06:23:50 pm »

So, now I'm listening to :

BRICK & LACE - Love is Wicked (2009)

-
Extract : => Brick & Lace [Love is Wicked] - Love is Wicked <=

Just som R'n'B crap. Usually I don't really enjoy this kind of music... But since it's only raining in Gdansk and I need a bit of sun to survive... I look for the sun in the music  :lol: .
Don't need to look to far for that song, just easy melody and "ass-moving" rythm. But sometimes its good ^^

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #17 dnia: Października 30, 2009, 10:53:51 am »

Currently I'm pretty much into that :

MASTODON - Remission (2002)

-
Extract : => Mastodon [Remission] - Crusher Destroyer <=

Really awesome technical metal. Sounds brutal at the first listen, but the Drummer make all the work to make it really interresting. This men as an Amazing groove. And the vintage distorsion on the guitars make it unique and tasteful :D
« Ostatnia zmiana: Listopada 03, 2009, 09:27:29 pm wysłana przez Naity Dhim Darëll »

Wojna

« Odpowiedź #18 dnia: Listopada 03, 2009, 12:28:18 pm »

For me Ambient ambient ambient.
Here try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKtcrZ6SaLA - Polish guys from Wroclaw video made by A. Baginski.
From more popular ambient Try Ulver http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzqxr7WFzuI (wait for last 30 sec of the song)
Ulf Soderberg, Sephiroth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjZUYACEmec ( its tribal ambient)

There is alot of good elect. music try Koop, Tosca, Fluke or Amon Tobin.

About rock and stuff Tool, Deftones, Nin and Digital hardcore (alec empire, Atari tennage riot) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74XranJcH6s

Enjoy

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #19 dnia: Listopada 03, 2009, 09:26:06 pm »

From more popular ambient Try Ulver

I love Ulver :D . This song is great, but there 1st and 3rd albums count as part of my favorites albums (in general).

ULVER - Bergtatt (1994, 1st album)

Extract : => Ulver [Bergtatt] - I Troldskog Faren Vild <=

ULVER - Nattens Madrigal (1996, 3rd album)

Extract : => Ulver [Nattens Madrigal] - Wolf and Hatred <=

The second album is less interresting... It's mainly bad quality folk music. But in a global view of there carrer, this group is just awesome.

For Job Karma, thank you, I didn't know, and it sounds really good. For Sephiroth, I'm less fan. It sounds for me alike to all the Drone scene (with Earth, Boris, Sunn O))), Orthodox...) and I find it quite boring '^^.

For Alec Empire, not that much my dope either. Too synthetic. In electronic music, I like more Amon Tobin (as you quote him, just great :D ), DJ Shadow, Squarepusher, Venetian Snare (my electro God!), St Germain, Justice, High Tone, Electro Deluxe, Le Peuple de l'Herbe...etc

Something that you should like if you like quiet music with some electro stuff in it (this song has actually quite a lot) :

EZ3kiel - Naphtaline (2007)

-
Extract : => EZ3kiel [Naphtaline] - Le Lac des Signes <=

This band is also great, one of my favorite. it's 3 musicians / programmists / artwork designers who creates some kind of... Strange music. They are usually related to the Dub scene (because that's were they began) but the music cross a lot of border : trip hop, post rock, classical, rap, noise, ambiant, indus and even grindcore. But everytime with this kind of melancolic / steampunk ambiance. The lives are also awesome with the great videos created by the bassist. The instruments are trigged so that the music and the videos responds to each other. And the artworks of the CDs are always from this bassist ... I let you appreciate (he also realised the clip I linked under the over) :

ZaraZ

• Global Moderator
  • Anarch Baron of Lublin
« Odpowiedź #20 dnia: Listopada 03, 2009, 11:00:53 pm »

Most of the new music I listen to comes from all kinds of soundtracks, which so far is the best method I found to discover stuff I've never heard before. The other thing is that I would never give a second thought to some music pieces until I've heard them while watching a movie and from then on they are forever tied to some image or emotion which are replayed whenever I hear the music/vocals/noise again 8)

Currently I have the following OSTs on my playlist (in no particular order): Life, True Blood, Weeds, House (tv series), This Is England, Lord of War, The Boat that Rocked, Watchmen, Juno (all of them recommmended, for audio&visual pleasure alike)
Apart from that: Royksopp, Boby McFerrin, Feist, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, TV on the Radio, Nina Simone, NIN, Pati Yang, The Cimarons, Saint Germain plus lots&lots of different and truly wierd stuff in so called "various" directory
"Make it personal. . ."

Quellcrist Falconer
Things I Should Have Learnt By Now Vol II

Dude

• Global Moderator
  • (Former) Archbishop of Warsaw
« Odpowiedź #21 dnia: Listopada 03, 2009, 11:40:29 pm »

how's the true blood soundtrack? the main tune was kinda pro, but I've never listened to much of what was going on in the background of the movie.
the series is allright I guess, after first 2 episodes it felt like utter crap, then the story went on, sort of interesting (although the dumb blondie here wannabe still plays on my nerves :) )
"It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Retired

ZaraZ

• Global Moderator
  • Anarch Baron of Lublin
« Odpowiedź #22 dnia: Listopada 04, 2009, 12:09:39 am »

True Blood intro song rocks, the others mostly serve as background (though I'd probably like Slim Harpo's Strange Love and Lee Dorsey's Give It Up on their own anyway), but are well chosen for the series (which is supported by the fact that the music did not stand out enough for you to take a note of it ;))
The series would be much better if it wasn't for the dumb blonde, but then again it's her and the forbidden love theme that have drawn the "usually-staying-off-the-vampiric-movies" crowd and made it such a popular success. Luckily she served her apparent purpose in the second series, finally showing some T&A, but what the hell took them so long? ;) I'm only wondering how (if?) that crowd made it through the second season with hearts being ripped out of people's chests, tree of intestines, HC orgies and such :D
« Ostatnia zmiana: Listopada 04, 2009, 12:22:36 am wysłana przez ZaraZ »
"Make it personal. . ."

Quellcrist Falconer
Things I Should Have Learnt By Now Vol II

Wojna

« Odpowiedź #23 dnia: Listopada 04, 2009, 12:25:59 am »

Thanks for EZ3kiel they are preety cool.
About Ulver if i remember good, they started as Black metal or something similar. For me  Perdition City is best :P

DJ Shadow, Squarepusher, High Tone, are preety good i will see other ones.

About True blood ost, its preety decent specialy opening (Jace Everett - Bad Things) For me, first season was nightmare especialy Sookie (yes that ugly blondie :P) Second is nice.

What about acidjazz and doom jazz?
try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P4CmKGca5Q

from chillout my favorites:
Bonobo,  Air, Thievery Corporation ,Massive Attack, Moby, Zero 7
tho lot of em are a bit triphop, and well its all elcetro :P

klocek

• Global Moderator
« Odpowiedź #24 dnia: Listopada 04, 2009, 10:16:24 am »

@ Zaraz

Try soundtrack from "Dexter" - highly recommended :wink: Of course if you haven't heard it before :)

Dude

• Global Moderator
  • (Former) Archbishop of Warsaw
« Odpowiedź #25 dnia: Listopada 04, 2009, 08:23:32 pm »

indeed, if you like soundtracks, "Dexter" is the way to go :)
"It is no measure of health to be adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Retired

Naity Dhim Darëll

• Ode an die Freude
« Odpowiedź #26 dnia: Listopada 04, 2009, 09:53:42 pm »

About Ulver if i remember good, they started as Black metal or something similar. For me  Perdition City is best :P

Right, they started as Black Metal. The first demo was really noise-like, almost unhearable. The first album really "peaceful black metal" with mostly quiet vocals and aethered production (for Black Metal). It was a revolution when it was released. Second album was a folk music CD... Not really good in my opinion and the Third a masterpiece of raw aggressif black metal. I put som links in the previous post ;)

What about acidjazz and doom jazz?
try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P4CmKGca5Q

I don't really know those kinds of music. But from what I heared of it, it's really cool :). I don't know much about Jazz. I mainly listen to Pat Metheny of some old good gipsy guitarists (django, al di meola, john mc lauthin... etc).

I didn't quote them, but I also like a lot Bonobo, Massive Attack, Moby as you say. Good relaxing (or romantic) music.

I was speaking about Venetian Snares, here are some songs :

VENETIAN SNARES - Rossz csillag alatt született (2005)

Extract : => VENETIAN SNARES [Rossz csillag alatt született] - Hajnal <=

VENETIAN SNARES - Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms (2006)

Extract : => VENETIAN SNARES [Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms] - Swindon <=

2 of my favorites albums of this crazy Artist from Canada (he released about 40 of them in 10 years). Aaron Funk, the men behind the nick, is the DJ and musician, and experiment a lot between each album (from soundtrack ambiant music to speedcore, mainly IDM but also some jazz or jungle album). The first of them I posted is more accoustic. I think it's the first one where he plays real instrument and don't only mix with his machines. The result is just amazing, with a perfect balance of IDM drumming drill and peaceful accoustic melodies. The second is only electronic. From first hear it can sounds a bit chaotic, but it's just... I don't know. My favorite album from him. He worked really a lot on the samples, build complexes architectures (melodic and rythmic). The music in the end is really powerful, really melodic... Just breaking everything around with class. :D

Pudel

• Retired pro
« Odpowiedź #27 dnia: Listopada 05, 2009, 09:50:57 pm »

Venetian Snares is a powerhouse. My favourite song is Szamar Madar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upH0IZRgj0I (best part starts at approx. 1:48). If you like breakcore, IDM and the like I also highly recommend checking that guy's [expertknobtwiddler] channel - tons of great stuff there. To name a few: Wisp, The Flashbulb, KnifeHandChop, Pendulum, µ-Ziq and many more. :)
« Ostatnia zmiana: Listopada 05, 2009, 09:57:42 pm wysłana przez Pudel »
Cytat: zasłyszane
oczywiście nie ma nic złego w graniu dla przyjemności, sam zagrałem dwie takie gry w 2007

Sprzedaję single - wyślij swój want przez PM/maila/fb.
Selling VTES singles - pm/mail/fb me your wantlist. Paypal accepted.

Manit0u

• Global Moderator
« Odpowiedź #28 dnia: Stycznia 20, 2012, 10:33:24 pm »

Rise! Long dead thread, rise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXrdoL_-e1s
While these twittering teens, are sinking in screens and thinking in memes
They blink and this machine is pimping their dreams
I think it’s obscene, as sick as it seems
They don’t know what lyrical invincibility means
- Lowkey